New ASUS Chromebook 13-Inch HD with Gigabit WiFi, 16GB Storage & 2GB RAM (Black)






ASUS Chromebook






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New ASUS Chromebook 13-Inch HD with Gigabit WiFi, 16GB Storage & 2GB RAM (Black) (Personal Computers)
The Asus Chromebook C300 is the best Chromebook on the market. It may not be as fast as the Acer C720 on paper, but it can handle 12 tabs and 3 720p YouTube videos (maybe not 1080p, but the screen can't support that anyway) all at the same time without little slow-down (assuming you have an internet connection that is fast enough to load all of that).

A couple of months ago, I purchased a MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display (over 10x the price of this computer), and I love using both of them. They're both different, but they both fit. My MacBook Pro never leaves my desk, and it's great there -- very fast, high resolution display, great for working and entertainment, etc. But the Chromebook (formerly my Samsung Chromebook but now my Asus Chromebook C300) is the computer that I take with me whenever I leave my desk. It does everything I need to do, and perfectly (thank Google Apps for Business -- but even if you have Office 365, iCloud, etc, it can still do what you need) -- and it's great for when you're not at your desk (see reasons why in the next section). Frequently, I take trips that last a week or longer, while still needing to work -- and I never hesitate to bring my Chromebook and not my MacBook Pro (not to mention I could more easily break the MacBook Pro, and that is an over 10x more expensive mistake than breaking this $229 Chromebook).

The build quality of the Asus Chromebook C300 is great (for the price) -- it has a pretty good screen (for the price), a great keyboard (for the price) and a great trackpad (again, for the price). It looks more expensive than it actually is (brushed aluminum look on the plastic body), and it's very sturdy. The best part about it, and one reason why it is especially good for when you're traveling or out and about, is the battery life. When, I'm doing something more intensive than not, I see around 11.5 hours of battery life (nonstop). When doing things less intense, I see anywhere between 16 hours and 19.5 hours of battery life. Truly amazing. And, I haven't even mentioned all of the other benefits to a Chromebook (and this Asus Chromebook), such as the security.

As I mentioned before, Chromebooks tie very well into the Google services, especially Google Apps for Business and Google Apps (for personal use). As a separate product, I recommend those to anyone (Google Apps for Business is hands down the best -- I've tried Office 365 and others, and they don't even come close). But since I made the choice for my company to use Google Apps for Business, the Chromebooks fit amazingly well. Everything we do is in Google Apps (every email in Gmail, every file in Google Drive (with unlimited storage for businesses, too), every document a Google Doc, all my photos in Google+ (coming from my iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Note 3), my calendars in Calendars, etc), and as a result, my entire life (work and personal), is in Google Apps for Business. So the Chromebook fits exceptionally well into my life, as everything is in my Google Apps for Business account and in these Google services that are so closely integrated into the Chromebooks.

But even if you don't use Google Apps for Business, and you're somewhat modern (cloud storage), or you want to be more modern, or you're just starting to use computers, a Chromebook can likely do almost all that you need it to do. And for the prices, Windows laptops (and especially Macs) are incomparable. If you're looking for a budget computer (for whatever reason), or a Chromebook fits all your needs and you see no reason to spend much more on a Windows or Mac laptop/desktop (my MacBook Pro is primarily for desk work, but the reason I purchased that one is for the creative work that I do, which includes video editing, picture editing, etc), then a Chromebook, and more specifically, the best Chromebook (this Asus Chromebook C300), is perfect for you.

- Jared Caputo

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top