New ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-C1-GR(S) 10.1" Detachable 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop, 64GB (Grey)






ASUS Transformer






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-H1-GR 10.1" Detachable 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop, 32GB+500GB (Grey) (Personal Computers)
I've been using this for about 2-1/2 months and like it. I've had no prior experience using touch-screen commands but had very little difficulty adjusting. Other comments you've read including battery life are accurate from my experience. Be aware there are limitations: Only one USB port; no camera a la iPad; very small key pad especially if you've got large hands and are used to full size keyboards; 32GB pad is really too small for heavy usage.

Confirming other's comments plus some of my own:

1. Do purchase 64GB pad even though it costs extra.

2. Immediately set updates for manual selection vs automatic.

3. I've left keypad "as-is" and have been very satisfied with default settings.

4. I immediately set-up Firefox as default browser (with ixQuick HTTPS overlay for security).

5. I immediately set-up Classic-Shell overlay to maintain Win-7 versatility. (Installed easily and works fine).

6. I immediately added Glary Utilities; CCleaner; MalwareBytes; and a few others I use regularly - no problems.

7. I immediately added a Logitech mouse simply because I prefer it to a keypad for daily usage.

8. Consider buying/using a USB dock due to the single USB port provided in the keyboard. (You won't need separate power supply since the keyboard USB port will automatically power the external dock).

9. There are a bunch of aps installed that I don't use or want (social media, et Al) but I've not yet deleted. I'm guessing I'd free up more space on my limited 32GB pad since I made the mistake of not ordering the 64GB version.

10. I've downloaded programs directly and I've transfered programs/data via thumb drive; all with no problems.

11. The system works simultaneously with mouse and touch-screen commands both activated at the same time.

12. Be aware there is no CD drive (or DVD drive). Not a problem since you can add with a portable USB connector. Mine works fine for both the CD/DVD drive and the older 3-1/2" floppy drive (guess I just really dated myself).

Hope this helps you with your eval. I would have liked to have known much of this prior to my purchase. The single change I would have made in my order would have been to upgrade to the 64GB pad.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top