New Lenovo Y50 Touch 4K UHD Laptop Computer - 59423621 - Intel Core i7-4700HQ / 256GB Solid State Drive / 16GB RAM / 15.6" UHD MultiTouch 3840x2160 Display / NVidia GeForce 860M 2GB / Dual Band Wireless AC / Windows 8.1






Lenovo Y50






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Lenovo Y50 Touch 4K UHD Laptop Computer - 59423621 - Intel Core i7-4700HQ / 256GB Solid State Drive / 16GB RAM / 15.6" UHD MultiTouch 3840x2160 Display / NVidia GeForce 860M 2GB / Dual Band Wireless AC / Windows 8.1 (Personal Computers)
This is being marketed as a gaming laptop, but 4k + 16gb + 256gb SSD makes for a pretty nice place to write software.

Battery life is about 4.5 hours with the balanced power plan. I haven't tried the power-saver plan yet.

The key caps aren't dished, but there's enough "white space" between them to maintain a good enough feel. The backlighting is a great feature, there is no fn-key chording required for things like home/end/pgup/pgdn, which drives me nuts on the laptop I was given at wok. And there's a dedicated number pad, which is kind of nice.

The biggest drawbacks are the lack of a middle mouse button (I didn't realize how often I use that until I got this laptop) and an overall size that is a little bit bigger than should really be necessary. There is a pretty wide bezel around the screen and on either side of they keyboard, so this laptop is too wide to fit in the bag I used for my previous laptop even though the screen size is the same. So check the overall dimensions if that is important to you (I have no regrets).

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top