/> Drew Barrymore Drew Barrymore will contribute blog posts to website Refinery29 as their new celebrity editor-at-large.

The 38-year-old actress is set to work for the fashion-based website and will contribute at least one blog post a month.

Her first entry, titled The Drew Barrymore Breakfast Sandwich You'll Want Every Morning, is set to go live today. It will cover the actress' love of cooking and she will reveal one of her favourite recipes.

Drew is thrilled to have been approached by Refinery29 and feels she can relate to their outlook.

"When Refinery asked me to come on board, I thought, 'How fun,'" she smiled to WWD. "I respect their taste. I trust them. I like 'where to' and 'how to lists' best and just the fun lifestyle direction and they completely have that."

She has promised "succinct" and "meaningful" posts for readers to enjoy. She has taken inspiration from her own personal life, such as raising her daughter Olive, when writing the blogs.

"I also wanted to write some fun op-ed pieces," she added, keeping the exact subjects of the posts quiet.

One thing she did reveal is that her pieces won't be glamourised. The brunette beauty insists her tips will be down to earth and reflect her personality.

"I'm so un-fabulous and not whimsical. I make one-pot meals," she laughed. "I don't remember the last time I threw a dinner party and I certainly didn't cook for it when I did."

The blog's editor-in-chief, Christene Barberich, says it is Drew's honesty which makes her the perfect contributor to the website.

"Drew possesses so many genuine qualities that connect to us and our audience: She's smart, funny, confident, stylish, a natural-born entrepreneur with an artist's spirit. The list goes on," Christene gushed.

She also added that Drew "exemplifies" the Refinery29 woman, describing that person as an "ambitious, curious, infinitely cool woman living a creative life right now."

© Cover Media

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top