Best Olympus TG-3 Waterproof 16 MP Digital Camera (Black)






Olympus TG3






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Olympus TG-3 Waterproof 16 MP Digital Camera (Black) (Electronics)
I had this for a week and every time I use it, I kept getting more amazed. Previously I owned a TG-1 and later a TG-2. Between both, there was not much practical difference other than the high speed video and a more flexible macro mode. But TG-3 is several steps above TG-2 with the new sensor and ridiculously superb microscope mode. The level of magnification and clarity is just out of the world. Now, I do a lot of macro work on DSLR and OM-D, owning 2 macro lenses but TG-3 put it into another level in terms of magnification. Macro junkies will definitely going to love this.

Another thing I love is the auto image stacking. Once I got the camera I didn't even bother to put it on a tripod. I just parked my hand on a desk and hold the camera steady while it takes several successive shots. The result is very pleasing although it may not compete against manually stacked images using DSLR. It's fun though and easy to use. Best of all I can share it immediately via smartphone. I am going to mass produce stacked images into instagram soon.

The wifi capability is easy to connect but with my Galaxy Note 3 I have to disable my mobile data otherwise the wifi cannot connect properly. Once it is connected, data transfer is seamless and stable. The app in android is a bit cumbersome to select multiple images so I hope Olympus can improve this soon.

If you want to fully utilize the microscope mode, get the ring light reflector add-on. It really helps to give even lighting and you can just place the camera face down on the subject. I could see individual pixels from my Note 3 which is over 300ppi.

Image quality is excellent for a waterproof compact. It uses the same lens as TG-1 and TG-2 which is a bit disappointing but then that helps to keep the price low. The lens is already an excellent f2! I find the grip to feel much better but the zoom toggle is a bit weirdly place, perhaps time will make me more accustomed to that. Other controls are well placed.

I have yet to explore other functions but from the limited time I have to play with it, I did not regret selling off the TG-2. Haven't yet dunk it at the beach but from my excellent experience with TG-1 and TG-2, I suppose this boy is just as good if not better in terms of waterproofing. It's worth the upgrade. For anyone looking for waterproof compact, give this a serious consideration. I will put a more in-depth review soon in zuikoholics.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top