When American figure skater Ashley Wagner came off the ice following her Olympics debut at the 2014 Sochi Games on Saturday (Feb. 8), the 22-year-old seemed thrilled with her performance in the short program for team figure skating event. Just look at that face above. She was expecting some pretty stellar scores.And then the bottom dropped out and Wagner was only awarded 63.10 points. Cue the palpable disappointment.

Unable to hide her obvious disgust at the low score, Wagner shook her head in disbelief, said something to her coach, looked again to make sure she was seeing correctly and turned back to her coach for another comment, appearing to say, "Sorry, that's horrible."Afterwards, Wagner spoke with USA Today, where she touched on her disappointment. "I know roughly when I skate a good program where the score should end up," she says. "So yeah, to score that low was very disappointing for me."She kept things diplomatic, however, adding, "But honestly, this performance was more for myself and mentally getting beyond this past couple of weeks. And I wanted to do everything I could to help out this team, and I really feel I delivered on that part."Regardless of what she says, that face above is one to certainly launch a thousand memes. The Sochi Games are only two days old, but could we have possibly found this year's McKayla Maroney?

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top