On Sunday, the day after his last-second 3-pointer gave the Mavericks a 2-1 lead in this series, Vince Carter said he did not do what most anyone else would have done Saturday night.

He did not go home and watch repeated replays of his heroics?

'No,' Carter with a laugh. 'I heard enough of it (at the arena). I had enough text messages and people talking about it, that was enough.'

Carter said he saw the play a couple of times during Sunday morning's Mavericks film session, then that was it.

'I think it's behind us now,' he said. It's just great to come in and say, 'Hey.' Everybody was like, 'Yeah, man, it was a great shot.' But then once practice starts we kind of put that stuff behind us and we kind of prep ourselves for tomorrow. This is just as big as Game 3.'

He didn't wear a cap to practice on Sunday, but as far as anyone could tell, Carter's head size was the same as it was before Saturday's game.

I pulled out my phone and showed Carter a close-up photo of his right foot hovering over the out-of-bounds line as he rose to take the jumper. Did he know he was that close to being out of bounds?

'Yeah,' he said. 'Some people were saying I stepped out, but I knew that wasn't the case. Others said it was amazing how I was able to keep my heels up.

'I was taught that way, anytime you're a long the sideline, you keep your heels up.'

One aspect of Saturday's finish that did catch Carter's attention were the video comparisons to the May 20, 2001 3-pointer he missed at the buzzer for Toronto against Philadelphia in Game 7 of a second-round series.

Carter noticed that the player guarding him, Eric Snow, wore No. 20 _ the same jersey number as the player guarding him on Saturday's last shot, San Antonio's Manu Ginobili.

Snow is now an assistant on Larry Brown's SMU staff.

'Just to see that video, it was carbon copy, 13 years later,' Carter said. 'The follow-through, the leg kick, it was just weird.

'Pretty cool.'

One other vivid memory from Saturday: After Carter made the shot, the first player to congratulate him was Dirk Nowitzki. Carter and Nowitzki, two 30-somethings, leaped and gave one another a chest bump.

'He got up, and he put a little distance to it,' Carter said of Nowitzki. 'I was shocked. I was impressed. I told him that.'

Post By http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/is-vince-carter-still-on-cloud-9-no-too-much-left-undone.html/

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top