*originally published 07/28/2014 10:00PM

When Andi Dorfman signed up to be The Bachelorette this season, she was hoping to find her 'great love' among a field of 25 potential suitors.

The Atlanta native, 27, found her partner for life in former pro baseball player Josh Murray, 29, whom she warily called 'her type' all season long.

Before accepting a stunning Neil Lane ring from Murray in the Dominican Republic, the former assistant district attorney sent home Nick Viall, 33, during a tense conversation in which the sales account executive told Dorfman she had taken it 'too far' with him.

But once she made her way to Murray, Dorfman couldn't contain her happiness.

'When I decided to give up my first love - baseball - all those years ago, a big reason why was because I knew there was a great love that existed somewhere,' Murray told her.

'You are the answer to all my prayers. You are the woman of my dreams. You are the woman that I never thought existed in this world. I know deep down in my heart I am the only man who can make you smile the way you do.'

In true Bachelorette fashion, Dorfman kept Murray on his toes until the very last second, telling him 'it has been a struggle for me, a challenge ... and the truth is that ... from the first time I met you, I was scared.'

With her future fiancé looking increasingly worried, Dorfman continued after a dramatic pause, saying, 'It has taken a lot of thought for me to get here and I know that that feeling from the very first time I saw you ... I know that feeling right now, is love!'

Breaking out into a smile and looking relieved, Murray dropped down to one knee to ask for her hand in marriage, telling her he 'can't wait to start our lives together.' Check back Tuesday for exclusive details on the engagement ring, as well as interviews with Josh and Nick, and of course, Andi's PEOPLE.com blog. For exclusive photos and an interview with the couple, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

Post By http://www.people.com/article/bachelorette-finale-andi-dorfman-engaged

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top