Daughter of Nirvana singer Kurt had urged singer to embrace life while she has it

Lana Del Rey has responded to comments made by Frances Bean Cobain - daughter of the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain - in which she was admonished for saying 'I wish I was dead already' in a recent interview.

Del Rey has distanced herself from the interview in which she spoke about her idols, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse. When it was noted that the common link between the pair were their premature deaths, Del Rey responded: 'I wish I was dead already.' NME REVIEW: Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence'

Yesterday (June 23), Frances Bean Cobain (pictured right) took to her Twitter account to address Del Rey's comments, urging her to 'Embrace life, because you only get one'.

Del Rey has now replied personally to Cobain, via her own Twitter account. Sending two tweets last night (June 23), Del Rey wrote: 'It's all good. He was asking me a lot about your dad. I said I liked him because he was talented, not because he died young. The other half of what I said wasn't really related to the people he mentioned. I don't find that part of music glam either.'

@alka_seltzer666 it's all good. He was asking me a lot a out your dad I said I liked him because he was talented not because he died young-— Lana Del Rey (@LanaDelRey) June 23, 2014

Cobain has not yet publicly replied to the comments.PHOTOS: 50 geeky facts about Lana Del Rey Del Rey's second album, 'Ultraviolence', is currently the Number One album on the Official UK Albums Chart.

Post By http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/78087

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top