As the voice of the cross-cultural cartoon icon Dora the Explorer, Fátima Ptacek, 14, spends her week racing from classes at Avenues: The World School, in Chelsea, to Hyperbolic Audio studios in Midtown, where she tapes Nickelodeon's ' Dora the Explorer' and a spinoff, ' Dora and Friends: Into The City!' The actress, who recently appeared in the film ' Before I Disappear,' lives in Jackson Heights, Queens, with her mother, Lucia, 37; her father, Jack, 47; her half sister, Lesley, 18; and her dog, Sasha. Her half brothers - Andrew, 21; Jonathan, 19; and Alex, 17 - visit on weekends.

DISHES AND THE DOG I usually get up around 7:30 to 8 in the morning. The first thing I do is walk my dog, because my chore on the weekend is I have to do the dishes and walk the dog. And then I'll come back home, and I'll probably get some reading in because my parents are still asleep.

LOCAL BREAKFAST Then I'll probably make some breakfast. I'll have Cocoa Pebbles or make an actual breakfast like eggs and pancakes. Sometimes my parents will wake up, and we'll go out for a nice family breakfast or brunch. Sometimes we'll go to this place Ricky's Café. It's really delicious. Or if we're in the mood for a lighter breakfast, we'll go to La Nueva Bakery, which is an amazing Uruguayan bakery, and we have empanadas and coffee.

FLIPS IN CHELSEA Sometimes I'll also have gymnastics practice on Sundays at Chelsea Piers. It's usually three and a half hours on Sundays. Then after we come out, my dad will come back with my mom and my sister and we'll go to some little brunch in Chelsea.

BLOCKBUSTER OR NOT We love going to the movies together. I think what's cool with my family is that we all appreciate film. We don't always go for the Hollywood blockbusters. We love to go for some indies. So there's a great indie film cinema in Kew Gardens.

HECTIC HOMEWORK Oh yeah, duh, I have homework as well. I really try to finish it on Fridays and Saturdays, but sometimes I do have stuff left over. This is my first year in high school, so I've noticed that there is a lot more work than in middle school. I usually have about three hours every night, which can be kind of hectic.

GOAL! We are huge soccer fanatics. Our team is FC Barcelona. So they play 38 weeks in a year, and a lot of times it will fall on a Sunday so we'll watch a Barcelona game and there will be screaming and crying and trying to be refs.

MOM'S HOME COOKING We don't usually eat dinner out so much on Sundays. My mom really likes to cook at home, which is always awesome. I love my mom's food. It's the best in the world. She cooks so many different types of food. She'll cook something from home. She's full Ecuadorean, so she'll cook something from home that she remembers, something like rice with this awesome steak stew kind of thing and like an avocado kind of salad. I love that. Or she opts for Italian. My dad loves Italian food, so she'll make lasagna or ravioli, something like that.

GAME NIGHT A lot of the time my brothers will sleep over. We'll have game night, which I think is super fun. We love playing Monopoly. It gets very, very competitive in my house with my three brothers, my sister and I. So it's five kids and the two parents. My parents are very competitive with themselves, so with the kids it's like screaming and like accusing and pointing fingers, and at the same time there is like laughter and bawling our eyes out from something silly that I'll say.

WALKS WITH DAD My dad usually likes to walk my puppy late at night because it's just kind of like his thing before he goes to bed. So I'll go with my dad. We've had some interesting conversations because I just started high school so I talk about making new friends and getting used to the new school as well as me just asking him about what's going on at work. Everything is going well for both of us so it's usually pretty relaxing.

BEFORE LIGHTS OUT, MYSTERIES I actually love to fall asleep reading. I don't really like to read one book at a time. I like to have different genres. So I'll have like my mystery book that I'll read usually at nighttime, and then I'll have my nonfiction book that I'll read first thing in the morning. When my brothers are over, it's bedtime usually around midnight, sometimes even 1 o'clock because we are busy playing games, but on most occasions probably around 10:30.

Post By http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/nyregion/the-voice-of-dora-the-explorer-fatima-ptacek-is-a-busy-teenager.html

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top