Best Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS 16MP Digital Camera (Black)






Canon PowerShot






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS 16MP Digital Camera (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this to use at times I didn't/couldn't lug around my T3i with me; also, it's replacing my SD1400is (2010). So far I am pleased with the quality and abundance of features that are packed into this camera!

Pros:

Nice image quality

Fast focus

Wi-Fi/NFC capabilities

Smooth/great quality HD filming

Cons:

The body is pretty light, I like/am used to heavier frames. I miss the cold aluminum sturdiness of the SD1400is.

It doesn't come with a usb cord - I'm sure by now you may have an extra mini usb cord (top hat) laying around but it would've been nice.

LCD can be a bit grainy at times.

Canon went with the new Digic 4+ processor for the ELPH 340 - think of it as a happy medium between Digic 4 and 5 but optimized. I haven't had any issues with speed or lag. The camera responds promptly every time. As far as battery life, I will report back after a day of shooting images. Either way I still would recommend you purchase a back up battery just in case.

The initial set up was quick and painless. I would love if they added the ability to include copyright info within the camera but this can be done in Photoshop in a click - it would still be nice to have. The Wi-Fi was surprisingly responsive and I ran into no trouble with setting it up with my router, phone or PC. This camera also has NFC for even easier connections.

In my test videos, I was impressed with the image stability the most - this would make a great vlogging companion. The screen has a small amount of grain during playback but remember this is for review. Once imported into my computer the HD video looked great.

*IMPORTANT*

You must try out the Canon CW app in tandem with the camera. This app has remote shutter, the ability to share/browse pictures, remote shut off, and more! Even if you don't plan on using it, give it a try. I used it with the Android app. Though there is a slight delay, but it isn't off putting.

All in all I am happy with my purchase and plan to use this for a long time. I will upload pictures into the customer photo section as soon as I can!

*Update*

I have added a couple images to the customer section. I am having a great time working with this camera.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top