Actor Shia LaBeouf has said he was raped by a woman during his performance art piece #IAMSORRY in February, according to an interview published by Dazed.

'One woman who came with her boyfriend, who was outside the door when this happened, whipped my legs for ten minutes and then stripped my clothing and proceeded to rape me,' LaBeouf said of the apparent assault, which took place during a performance that saw the actor sat in a room with his head covered with a paper bag reading '#IAMSORRY,' refusing to speak with or interact with visitors. 'There were hundreds of people in line when she walked out with dishevelled hair and smudged lipstick. It was no good, not just for me but her man as well.'

LaBeouf goes on to say that his girlfriend was in attendance at the gallery that day - it was Valentine's Day - and that he didn't break character when she entered the room to see him. 'On top of that my girl was in line to see me, because it was Valentine's Day and I was living in the gallery for the duration of the event - we were separated for five days, no communication,' he said. 'So it really hurt her as well, as I guess the news of it travelled through the line. When she came in she asked for an explanation, and I couldn't speak, so we both sat with this unexplained trauma silently. It was painful.'

In the interview, LaBeouf also discusses his views on masculinity, metamodernism and his own artistic evolution, which he says began as a 'full-blown existential crisis' after he was accused of plagiarizing the work of comic artist Daniel Clowes and turned into 'a full blown existential exploration.'

'I'm in a nice position in that I don't think the studios look to me to sell a film anymore,' he told Dazed. 'So the work I wind up doing has little or nothing to do with my public persona and everything to do with my performance. Persona acting has little to nothing to do with ability and everything to do with charisma and ticket sales ... After five years of that your dreams die. So in a sense I went on strike. I rebelled.'

Read the full interview here.

Post By http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/11/28/shia-labeouf-says-he-was-raped-during-iamsorry-performance/

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top