New Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C88M 15.6-Inch Laptop (Diamond Black)






Acer Aspire






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Acer Aspire E 15 ES1-512-C88M 15.6-Inch Laptop (Diamond Black) (Personal Computers)
I spend most of my time on the computer with one browser streaming a video, and a couple more browser windows open with multiple tabs open to different online pages. This computer has just enough to handle that. If you were to add another resource-heavy application to run, the computer would struggle i.e. you can't have two videos streaming and expect them both to play smoothly. With this kind of activity, the battery lasts 5-6 hours for me.

The location of some of the ports was a little different to what I've been used to on previous laptops. At the back of the laptop are the power port, ethernet, HDMI, (1) USB 2.0, (1) USB 3.0, and headphone. The USB 3.0 port also works with my USB 2.0 devices. On the left of the laptop towards the back is the other USB 2.0, SD card, and K-slot. There is nothing on the front or right of the laptop. I was most disappointed with the headphone jack in the back of the laptop. It doesn't leave a lot of slack in the length of headphone cords to sit back and be comfortable. I was able to easily connect a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones and use that instead of my wired headphones.

The case is a textured matte plastic that resists fingerprints. Though I don't have to worry about fingerprints, dust from objects I place on top of the laptop surface tends to settle into the lower textured spots. It helps to keep a can of air handy.

There is comfortable space to rest your wrists. About 4" from the edge of the laptop to where the keys on the keyboard start.

The keyboard is not backlit, and is of the noisy variety. You definitely hear the click-clack of keys as you type.

The temperature at the bottom of the laptop stays comfortable even after several hours of video watching. I can easily keep it on my lap. There is no real noise from the laptop fan either. I never notice it.

Most frustrations I have with this computer stem from having to use Windows 8.1, not from the laptop itself. For users new to Windows 8/8.1, I think the most useful thing to know starting out is the way you scroll up and down webpages is by touching two fingers on the trackpad and move them together up or down. If you use a single finger, it just moves the mouse like normal. This computer has what I need to handle 90% of my computer needs. The only thing missing that I might want is a DVD/CD drive, but for the cost, this does nicely.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top