The one of a kind set features a Lego version of the country estate and its characters including Lady Sybil (played by Maggie Smith) and Mary Crawley (Michelle Dockery).The set was created by American fan Eric Stevens, a 23-year-old from New York, as a Christmas present for his girlfriend.He said: "I looked to see if anyone had created Downton Abbey Lego whilst watching last year.



I think the project really captures the essence of Highclere, Downton and the brilliant period characters

Downton Abbey fan Eric Stevens

"I couldn't find any other ones, so I decided to build it myself as a gift for my girlfriend, who also loves the show."The design took about 15 hours, altogether, and about four hours to actually put it together."The set uses Lego-designed parts as opposed to custom made pieces.



Mr Stevens looked through photo galleries to match parts from other sets to the character's costumes while the abbey was created using a digital designer.The Lego version of the Downton Abbey estate was based on ground and aerial photos of the real Highclere Castle where the show is filmed.



Mr Stevens added: "I think the project really captures the essence of Highclere, Downton and the brilliant period characters."All of the characters are Lego-designed parts, rather than custom printed pieces."The apron, for Sybil's nurse outfit, I made myself."

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top