New Dell Inspiron 3000 Series i3847-3850BK Desktop (3.5 GHz Intel Core i3-4150 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1)






Dell Inspiron






This is My Opinion About This Product




After I buy this New Dell Inspiron 3000 Series i3847-3850BK Desktop (3.5 GHz Intel Core i3-4150 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1) (Personal Computers)
I was looking for an affordable home theater PC to replace my 10 year old Dell. The integrated Intel graphics seem to easily handle 1080p video to my HDTV via the HDMI connection. This computer is whisper quiet and seems to run cool and has good power efficiency. I may add a fanless discreet video card but that is because I like to tinker. The integrated graphics look very good. So far so good!

Update: I have had this computer for a couple of months now and I am still very impressed. I have dropped the notion of adding a fanless video card since the integrated Intel 4400 graphics are plenty good for streaming any video to my HDTV. One recommendation would be to get the latest video drivers from Intel. A simple search will yield the best way to do that. My box did not have the latest drivers installed upon receipt. I am even having the computer boot straight to the desktop which gives this computer a real Windows 7 "feel". I now bypass all the Windows 8 tiles that seem so un-Windows and boot straight to my desktop! It's still a little too hard to find the control panel and such, but I am muddling through. No complaints on the box, though. I'd recommend it.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top