By Jade Watkins

PUBLISHED: 16:56 EST, 7 November 2013 | UPDATED: 17:56 EST, 7 November 2013

New Zealand singer Lorde recently dissed her song Come And Get It, accusing it of being 'anti-feminist' and sending a bad message to fans.

And Selena Gomez is certainly not taking the teen's comments lying down, slamming the 17-year-old in return.

Speaking to Flaunt magazine, the 21-year-old took a swing at the Royals star, saying she would no longer be covering her hit song in any of her shows.



Commenting on her remarks, Selena said: 'That's not feminism. [Lorde is] not supporting other women. That's my honest opinion, that's what I would say to her if I saw her,' she said.

'I actually covered her song in all of my shows that I've done so far. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue that.'

Outspoken singer Lorde took aim at Selena and her fellow former Disney stars in a variety of interviews over the last few weeks.



In her latest she also went so far as to brand some of America's biggest pop stars as 'f***ing mental'.

'The difference between those kids and me is that I grew up completely normally and went to parties and had that experience,' Lorde said in a recent sit down with GQ's Q Blog.

'I am way less inclined to be like, 'Look! I'm f**king mental!'

While the rising star wasn't specifically naming any names, it is thought that she was referring to both Selena and Miley Cyrus in the verbal take down.



And despite receiving a rather large backlash online and being publicly dissed by both Joe Jonas and British pop star Cher Lloyd, Lorde says she stands by all of her comments.

'I have pretty strong morals and opinions being in pop music, and I can't help but express those, which I think people appreciate,' she recently told MTV News.

'I mean, I don't think I say anything that isn't backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I've said.'



Meanwhile, in her Flaunt interview, Selena admits that she has made mistakes in the past.

'Obviously I've made a lot of mistakes because I'm human and I go through all of it,' she mused. 'I do think you do you have to make your own mistakes and they make you who you are.'

She also discusses what she would like to see in her future.

'I hope that I've left a bigger impact...Oh, God. I don't know,' she said. 'I hope that I'm really happy by 30.'



In an accompanying photo shoot for the publication, Selena looks far from her innocent Disney days.

Donning a short black bobbed wig, she lounges on a bed in various different states of undress.

In one racier shot, Selena slips into a lacy black bra and pencil skirt that accentuate her slender figure.

She sits alongside a handsome shirtless model, her eyes smouldering at the camera.

In the series of photographs, taken by Amanda de Cadenet, Selena also models a white silk slip with black lace detail while posing with a black and grey flecked coat flung over her shoulders.

The Birthday star appears to be channeling Film Noir, with her sharp hairstyle and smokey eye and nude lip combination.

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Word News © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Thanks to curly hairstyles
Top